Edina Public Schools is a nationally recognized suburban public school district serving approximately 8,500 students.
To learn more about Edina High School click here.
To learn more about Edina High School click here.
Edina students regularly place among the top two or three Minnesota school districts on state reading, math and writing tests. In fact, Edina is often considered a benchmark school for other districts in the state.
- ACT – average composite score 26.0, with 96% of the senior class taking the ACT in 2014-15
- According to ACT, the percentage of Edina students ready for college level course work was twice as high as the typical Minnesota High School graduate
- SAT – average scores: 648 (reading), 650 (math), and 628 (writing), with 15% of the senior class taking the SAT in 2014-15
- In 2015, two EHS students were named National Hispanic Scholars based on test scores from the PSAT
- Advanced Placement – EPS offers over 25 AP classes. In 2012, over 1,000 students (equivalent to half of the students at EHS) took AP tests, 87% of which achieved scores of 3 or higher, and 452 students earned Advanced Placement Scholar awards, including 61 National AP Scholars.
- EHS administers almost twice as many AP exams as any other Minnesota high school
- National Merit Scholarship Program – Edina High School has had National Merit semifinalists and finalists each year the National Merit Foundation has been in existence. In 2015, 41 students were recognized with National Merit honors, including 20 semifinalists.
- U.S. Department of Education – Six EPS schools have earned National Blue Ribbon School honors, including in Normandale Elementary French Immersion School in 2012. Normandale and Highlands Elementary have both earned the national distinction twice.
- Newsweek – Edina High School was one of the 2015 “Best High Schools” in America. Edina was the top-ranked school in Minnesota and was ranked 71st nationally. EHS has made the list five times in the last nine years.
- U.S. News & World Report – In 2015, Edina High School was named a Gold Medalist for high performance on state assessments and college readiness. Only the top 2.5% of high schools nationwide earning the ranking.
- Earned Best High School for Math & Science honors in 2011
- Sports Illustrated - Edina’s athletics program is ranked 8th in the nation by Sports Illustrated Magazine. The ranking is done once a decade and recognizes all-around achievement over a 10-year period
- America’s Promise Alliance – Edina has three times been recognized as one of the nation’s “100 Best Communities for Young People” by America’s Promise for fostering youth leadership and cultivating healthy, high-achieving students.
- Forbes – Forbes.com named Edina among “America’s 25 Best Schools for Your Housing Buck” in 2010.
- Siemens - EHS received the 2009 Siemens Award, a national recognition given to high schools with outstanding Advanced Placement Programs
- NAMM Foundation – 2012 Best Community for Music Education as named by the NAMM Foundation; one of 176 communities nationwide, and one of four in Minnesota acknowledged for commitment to and support of music education as part of the core curriculum.
- AAA Bond Ratings (Moody’s Investors and Standard and Poor's Ratings Services) – the high financial rankings allow EPS to obtain low interest rates when borrowing.
- Google – EPS was named one of 10 global winners in Google “Gone Google Story” content. EPS was recognized for its innovative use of Google Apps to transform the way students and staff engage in learning in a global society
- Best Buy – As part of its new eLearning2 initiative, EPS recently announced a unique partnership with Best Buy to provide students with access to personal learning devices and technology support services at a significant discount. The eLearning2 program aims to take the Bring Your Own Device model to a new level that is student driven and enhanced by quality teachers and instruction.
- Over 90% students participate in Edina High School clubs each year
- EHS offers 31 student-led clubs, with the Youth Serving Youth Program offering an additional nine groups focused on leadership, community service and social awareness
- Nearly 300 students participate in Edina High School Thespians
- Nearly 300 students participate in Concert, Varsity, Symphonic and Marching bands in addition to jazz bands, pep bands, and numerous small ensembles. For over 64 consecutive years, the Concert Band has achieved a “Superior” rating at the MN State High School competitions
- About 130 students participate in Edina High School orchestras.
- Nearly 300 students participate in Edina High School choirs and ensembles
- 35 athletic teams are offered at Edina High School
- Edina students have won 159 state championships, making Edina number one among the 500 members of the Minnesota State High School League. Among the championships in 2015 is the girls tennis team’s 19th straight championships, the most consecutive state championships in the nation for girls tennis
- Over 1,300 students participate on one or more Edina High School athletic teams; 96 additional students participated in intramural sports